This session provides an overview of 14 CFR part 39 – Airworthiness Directives (ADs). It describes:
• What an AD is.
• Its force and effect.
• What work it may require.
• How an AD interrelates with maintenance instructions.
• The basic structure of an AD.
• How to access and keep current on these rules.
Upon completion of this session, participants will have the tools to understand:
• What airworthiness directives are and their legal force and effect.
• The process for obtaining approval of alternative means of compliance.
• How to find current ADs and related information on the FAA website.
Individuals employed by maintenance organizations, manufacturers, and operators who are responsible for regulatory compliance.