The session will define the:
- Regulatory responsibilities of the operator versus the maintenance provider in creating and maintaining maintenance records. How obligations can be shifted by contract, but not under aviation safety regulations.
- Maintenance recordkeeping regulations; the documents essential to making airworthiness determinations.
Upon completion of this session, participants will understand how to:
- Find regulatory requirements and standards.
- Differentiate between operator and maintenance provider aviation safety responsibilities.
- Distinguish among and between aviation safety requirements and contractual obligations.
- The general rules associated with recording civil aviation maintenance and inspection actions.
- The extent and nature of the maintenance provider’s responsibility for making records.
- How to limit mistakes when making maintenance and inspection records.
Private owners and operators, individual mechanics and technicians.