This session provides basic information on the Federal Aviation Administration’s drug and alcohol testing requirements contained in Title 14 CFR part 120, Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. Among the topics covered are:
• Important principles of the federal D&A programs
• The applicability of 14 CFR part 120 and the definition of key regulatory terms
• Issues affecting maintenance personnel
• The types of drug and alcohol testing required
• Testing outside the United States
• The consequences of engaging in prohibited behavior, including permanent disqualification and potential loss of Part 65 certificates
Anyone working in aviation, particularly those employers and contractors performing safety-sensitive functions for U.S. air carriers and certain other operators in the United States.