This session provides business leaders with a basic understanding of federal election laws and regulations. Topics covered include permissible sources of campaign funds, contribution limits, company political action committees (PAC) and corporate engagement in political activity.
Upon completion of this session, participants will understand:
- The legal framework for federal election law.
- Individual contribution limits.
- Permissible sources of financial support for federal candidates.
- Why companies establish PACs.
- Laws and rules applicable to company PACs.
- Other ways companies can engage politically.
Executive leaders interested in supporting federal candidates individually and getting their companies more engaged politically.